Publications from PC2 Lab
This web page provides references and listing of major publications, presentations, and reports authored by current researchers and alumni of PC2 Labs. Note that this list of publications is not a comprehensive list of publications of researchers. Refer to their individual pages and links for their complete list of publications.
- D. M. Rao, J. C. Moler, M. Ozden, Y. Zhang, C. Liang, and J. E. Karro, “PEACE: Parallel Environment for Assembly and Clustering of Gene Expression”, Nucleic Acids Research, 2010, (doi: 10.1093/nar/gkq470).
- D. M. Rao, A. Chernyakhovsky, and V. Rao, "Avian Influenza: Predicting and Preventing a Pandemic", Elsevier Journal of Environmental Modelling and Software, 2008 (doi: 10.1016/j.envsoft.2008.06.011).
- D. M. Rao, "Accelerating Parallel Agent-based Epidemiological Simulations", Proceedings of the 28th ACM/SIGSIM Conference on Principles of Advanced Discrete Simulation (ACM SIGSIM PADS), Denver, Colorado, USA. May 18-21, 2014. Research paper: http://pc2lab.ece.miamiOH.edu/documents/pads14.pdf
- D. M. Rao, "Enhancing Temporo-Geospatial Epidemiological Analysis of H5N1 Influenza using Phylogeography", Great Lakes Bioinformatics Conference 2014 (GLBIO'2014), Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. May 16-18, 2014. Best Runner-up paper award. Research paper: http://pc2lab.ece.miamiOH.edu/documents/glbio14.pdf, Powerpoint Presentation: http://pc2lab.ece.miamiOH.edu/documents/GLBIO14.pptx
- D. M. Rao and A. Chernyakhovsky, "Automatic Generation of Global Agent Based Model of Migratory Waterfowl for Epidemiological Analysis of Avian Influenza and Other Zoonotic Diseases", Proceedings of the 2013 European Simulation and Modeling Conference (ESM'13), Lancaster, Lancashire, UK. October 23-25, 2013. Best paper award. Research paper: http://pc2lab.ece.miamiOH.edu/documents/esm13.pdf.
- D. M. Rao and A. Chernyakhovsky, "Parallel Simulation of the Global Epidemiology of Avian Influenza", Proceedings of the 2008 Winter Simulation Conference (WSC'08), Miami, USA, December, 2008. (doi: 10.1109/WSC.2008.4736241).
- D. M. Rao, A. Chernyakhovsky, and V. Rao, "SEARUMS: Studying Epidemiology of Avian Influenza Rapidly Using Simulation", Proceedings of the 2007 International Conference in Modeling Health Advances (ICMHA'07), Berkeley, CA, October, 2007, Pages 667-673. (http://www.iaeng.org/publication/WCECS2007/WCECS2007_pp667-672.pdf).
Join the PC2 Lab
The PC2 Lab actively seeks to involve budding computational scientists who embody the core values of the lab's culture, namely: passion, high level of self motivation, and commitment to actively pursue research. Graduate, undergraduate, and high school students who would like to pursue research in PC2 Lab are encouraged to email their resume to Dr. Rao for consideration.
- D. M. Rao, D. D. Hodson, M. Stieger, C. B. Johnson, P. Kidambi, and S. Narayanan, "Design and Implementation of Virtual and Constructive Simulations Using OpenEaagles", Linus Publications, ISBN: 1-60797-019-8.
- D. M. Rao, A, Chernyakhovsky, and V. Rao, "Analyzing Global Epidemiology of Diseases Using Human-in-the-Loop Bio-Simulations", book chapter in "Human-in-the-Loop Simulations: Methods and Practice", Springer, September 15, 2011. (ISBN-10: 0857298828, ISBN-13: 978-0857298829).
- D. M. Rao, A. Chernyakhovsky, and V. Rao, "Computational-Evolutionary Methodologies for Knowledge Discovery and Forecasting in Epidemiology and Medicine", book chapter in Current Themes in Engineering Technologies: World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science: Selected Papers, ISBN: 978-0-7354-0526-4, 223-234.
- Meseret R. Gebre, "MUSE: A parallel Agent-based Simulation Environment", Masters Thesis, Miami University 2009 (OhioLINK ETDs).
- James C. Moler, "Optimizing Approaches for Sensitive, High Performance Clustering of Gene Expressions", Masters Thesis, Miami University 2009 (OhioLINK ETDs).